Wednesday, September 3, 2014

My first solo trip - the last day (Aug 31, 2014)

Today was all about getting home. It was a bright Sunday, sunny skies, the wind was cold. Just after the 8th bell of the morning, I hit the road again. I had it all for myself, it seemed everything was having a slow morning. In no time the 100 odd kays to Matjiesfontein was done and dusted. I was ready for breakfast in this lovely little touristy location.


I hit final stage going home. The N1 south was quiet, it made for easy riding. Mountains tops still showing evidence of the cold we had the previous week. The Matroosberg advertised the evidence in very certain terms.


Distance covered on this trip was ~1,500 km in total. Not bad for a rookie me thinks.
I enjoyed this exercise more than what the photos and comment portray. Be that be known.

No comments:

Post a Comment